Sally Anne Butters
Brought up in the heart of the Worcestershire countryside, Sally loves the fact that we have the best of both worlds with our two Coconut offices – one in her home town of Bournemouth located right on her beloved beach and one in the Peak District so she can enjoy the wilds of the countryside. She also likes to tease the northern Coconut office with photos of the sunny beach whenever her weather app tells her that it’s grey and rainy up there!
Sally has worked in marketing and public relations since 1999 predominantly concentrating on the education sector giving her an excellent insight into the youth market. Having worked with Coconut Creatives since 2004, Sally is now one of the leading franchise marketing strategists and practitioners in the UK. Effective media relations is a key part of an integrated marketing strategy and Sally has the experience to identify which media (broadcast, online, offline) works best as a channel to reach a business’s target audience.
Sally also has crisis PR experience (no examples available – it’s all confidential!) and likes to support owner-managed businesses, “Having my own small business gives me a real drive to help others like me – I really don’t want anyone wasting precious resources on ineffective marketing campaigns.”
The Spare Time Stuff
Coconuts work hard and play hard too so Sally fits right in! “I’ve recently started playing full contact rugby and in April 2015 my team won a tournament at the home of English rugby – Twickenham!”
The Brainy Bits
As well as having an Honours degree in PR, Sally is a full member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and enjoys the benefits that networking with other PR professionals brings to her work. “As a ‘PR darling’ I love to socialise and this means that you have to develop a range of communication styles to suit your surroundings. This ability to adapt comes in very handy when working in the world of marketing!”
- Branded, launched and managed PETsits Ltd – a house and pet-sitting company offering franchise packages across the UK.
- Market research, design and copy writing of Weymouth College Prospectus 2011.
- Consumer launch of a new pet food product using national events such as the Ideal Home Show and PR coverage.
- Created the marketing strategy for the recruitment of students to Bournemouth University’s Partner Colleges and successfully increased recruitment to courses in 2006 and 2007.
- Completed an audit of internal and external communication for a private training company concluding with a number of recommendations that proved successful in building relationships within the organisation and winning new business contracts.
See our Portfolio page for more info…