“It’s great working with the team at Coconut Creatives… the support and guidance has been excellent. The Coconut team is certainly taking the stress out of advertising whilst building some great editorial to highlight our franchise opportunity.” Mac Tools
Mac Tools started working with Coconut Creatives and Coconut Media in November 2011 to develop a full campaign strategy for use within the franchising division of their business.
Mac Tools is part of Stanley Black & Decker, a £7+ billion global organisation employing over 30,000 people worldwide and owner of the world famous Stanley, Facom, Britool Expert and DeWalt brands.
The Mac Tools line consists of over 18,000 professional tools including screwdrivers, ratchets, wrenches, and assorted air tools, as well as its own toolboxes. They currently have 120 franchisees operating in the UK with a potential UK tools market of over £150 million.
Having recently developed their business model from a distributor licence to a franchise, Mac Tools were keen to boost the awareness of their franchise opportunity whilst also highlighting their ability to manufacture innovative products for the automotive industry. A budgeted 12-month marketing plan was therefore rolled out to cover major franchising and automotive media channels that would maintain and grow Mac Tools market share.
- Market research project to confirm the key target groups for the Mac Tools franchise opportunity
- An integrated marketing plan utilising advertising, PR, events, sponsorship, and keep warm activities
- Quality marketing materials to support the franchise recruitment process
- Increase in quality of enquirers
- Achievement of recruitment targets
- Mac Tools was not only shortlisted for “Best PR Campaign” but won the “Best Overall Marketing Campaign” Award at the 2013 The Franchise Marketing Awards.