Coconut Creatives were recently guest speakers at the Smith & Henderson 2015 Best Franchise Conference. Our Founding Director, Sarah Carlile, explained all about the 5 ½ marketing mistakes made by franchisors and even had a little guide to give away as a bonus!
We were delighted to be asked to speak at the event and hope that everyone who attended enjoyed finding out more about the mistakes made by franchisors and how you can avoid making the same mistakes!
The Best Franchise Conference is designed to offer advice and guidance to franchisors looking to recruit more quality franchisees and improve network performance. The guest speakers come from all sectors across the franchise industry and each and every one of them has valuable advice to give.
Other guest speakers included:
- Dave Williams, RBS
- Jo Stone & Tracy Townend, Puddleducks
- David Paulson, TaxAssist Accountants
- Matt Davies & Rod Levington, Business Doctors
- Graeme Payne, Victoria Hobbs & Shelly Nadler, Bird & Bird
- Chris Roberts, Franchise Finance
- Carl Reader, Social Media Exchange
- Martin Jones, Home Instead Care
The key note speaker was Neil Clough, a finalist on The Apprentice in 2013. Since The Apprentice, Neil has gone on to build his own highly successful sales training and recruitment business. Neil gave an inspiring talk and inspired our franchisors to go home and push their networks forwards.
The Best Franchise Awards also took place during the conference. These awards recognise the very best franchisors in the industry based on feedback from thousands of franchisees. Being recognised in these awards helps differentiate franchises from the competition and build trust with prospective franchisees.
- Best Franchise (less than 25k investment) – diddi dance
- Best Franchise (£25k-£75k investment) – EweMove
- Best Franchise (75k plus investment!) – TaxAssist Accountants
Please contact us
to get a free copy of our 5 ½ marketing mistakes guide. We can help you avoid them!
Here at Coconut Creatives, we’re well versed in hosting and attending franchise events. That’s why we’re helping the BBIC (Barnsley Business and Innovation Centre) to host two pilot franchising events next year. We’re looking for franchisors who would like to get involved in the Yorkshire Franchise Seminars.
These seminars are offering the chance for franchisors who are looking to recruit franchisees in the Yorkshire are to get in front of an audience of prospective franchisees. The seminars will be providing prospects with information on how to get involved in franchising.
Each franchise brand will be given 3-5 minutes to present themselves and their brand to the audience with an opportunity to network with prospective franchisees throughout the event.
These pilot seminars are free to be involved with and are a great way to get to know prospects in the Yorkshire area. If you’ve got any prospects in the area, why not invite them to come along? Meeting you in an informal, no obligation environment might help their decision-making process!
We’re only looking for 6-8 franchise brands to get involved so don’t miss your chance to support and benefit from two great events!
Contact email@example.com if you’d like to get involved.
November is the time when most people start winding down for the Christmas break and start getting into the holiday spirit. Not at Coconut Creatives! Throughout November, we’re busier than ever with hosting our own events and supporting our clients at their annual events and conferences. Don’t miss your last chances to meet us this year at the below events. We’d love to see you and you know we’re never too busy to stop and talk about all your franchise recruitment marketing needs!
4th November: Our Coconut Workshop ‘Practical Social media skills’
We still have places available so please contact us if you would like to come along!
4th November: The Franchise Supplier showcase
Come and meet us there to find out how we can help you with your franchise recruitment marketing needs.
12th November: EWIF North Regional Meeting
EWIF has 3 regional meetings in November! The South region is meeting on the 3rd November and both the North and South-West regions are meeting on the 12th November. Details on the meetings can be found here. We’ll be attending the North meeting, hope to see you there!
27th November: Smith & Henderson Conference
Our Founder, Sarah Carlile, will be delivering her talk on ‘The 5 ½ Marketing Mistakes Made by Franchisors. Don’t miss the event, book your place now and chat to Sarah and the team at the event.
We’re also supporting our clients at the following events. We like to make sure our clients’ events run smoothly so we often go along to offer our support and advice on the day as well as providing their franchisees with a little extra marketing support!
- 24th Nov: HR Dept annual conference
- 27th Nov: Auditel annual conference
- 27th Nov: Rosemary Bookkeeping annual conference
As you may know, we attended the National Franchise Exhibition at the Birmingham N.E.C at the beginning of this month. We even exhibited for the very first time!
The show was a great success for us with three speaking slots, lots of meetings and a busy stand. We’re looking forward to making contact and working with everyone we met at the show over the weekend. It’s been an exciting time at Coconut Creatives with our new, revamped team and we’re offering even more services than ever before. We’re excited to be back in the office and working our magic for our clients. We look forward to taking on even more clients soon.
We were invited to speak on one of our expert topics, Social Media on the first day of the show and we were so pleased with the results. During our Social Media seminar, our hashtag #ishouldcoco was seen by over 7,500 people!
If you missed us at the show, or if you did attend and want to find out more, why not come along to our Social Media Skills workshop on 4th November to learn more!
….and don’t forget to #ishouldcoco!!
Here at Coconut Creatives, we’re excited to be attending the National Franchise Exhibition at the Birmingham N.E.C on 2nd & 3rd October.
As well as being available on stand, we’ve been putting time aside on both days so that you can come and talk to us! Each team member attending specialises in a different area of the business so if you’re struggling with a certain part of your recruitment then let our specialist take you for a coffee and together we’ll recommend tweaks to help get you where you want to be:
Sarah Carlile, Founding Director
Adam Lovelock, Head of Online Marketing
- Follow up after exhibitions ‘how to ensure you maximise the potential of the leads you receive at the show;
- Email marketing – tips and tricks to super charge your email marketing
- Social media for franchise recruitment – how can you find and recruit franchisees through social media?
Adam Knight, Head of Technology & Systems
- Tracking and attribution – knowing how and where people find you online is hugely important so you can accurately measure your ROI and return on time with your marketing
- User experience – this is crucial to ensuring you do not put up barriers to the right potential franchisees finding you at the right time
- Funnel marketing – having a clearly defined sales funnel can make the difference between a business doing well and sky rocketing.
Paul Clegg, Marketing Account Director
- Recruitment process – are your prospects falling out of your process at a certain point and just not progressing further? If so, a recruitment process review is crucial to see why this is happening
- Paul spent several years working inside the world class Mac Tools franchise recruiting 30-40 franchisees PER YEAR for 3 consecutive years UK-wide. His experience in his area is vast, book a meeting with Paul to discuss your own recruitment growth and how you can improve it.
Helen Thresh, Client Account Manager
- Market Your Franchise webinar programme – how helping your franchisees market their businesses supports your network as a whole
- Franchise marketing workshops – if you would like to join us on one of our specialist marketing workshops then Helen’s who you need to speak to
Nick Carlile, Board Director & Coconut Company Secretary
- Glean Nick’s experiences of launching and growing the world’s first property franchise, Platinum Property Partners
- Talk to Nick about advanced sales strategies you could adopt which have generated him millions of pounds of investment across the franchise offering and other business ventures
- Franchisor thinking of selling your franchised business or want to attract capital investment into your franchise? Nick’s your man for pulling together an investment plan and/ or preparing your brand for sale. Nick has generated several million £’s doing exactly this in other businesses.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to pick our brains! Come and see us on Stand H240 or contact us to book a one-to-one meeting with a member of the team.
We are pleased to announce that we have grown our team from 7 to 12! Our business will be continuing to deliver the exceptional service which has made us famous for obtaining almost all our work via recommendations in the franchise world over the past decade.
Our 12 years of research results on the complex franchisee decision making process points towards building an integrated marketing campaign for any franchisor serious about recruitment. We know it’s vital that a wide range of activities are undertaken for maximum impact for UK franchise lead generation. Our specialist franchise recruitment team provides:
- Strategic direction
- Marketing communications planning
- Prospectus and collateral development
- Website design, content and SEO
- Graphic design and brand development
- PR and media relations
- CRM process and system solutions for franchisors
- Marketing manual development, training & support for franchisees.
Success is in the integrated mix of these activities, not just one tool out of the box. We now offer our coaching and training services to franchisees too, developing their local marketing techniques. Through our Market Your Franchise programme, we help to bridge the gap between knowledge and application and support franchisees to take their businesses to the next level and thus become outstanding advocates of your brand with shining testimonials to prospects considering joining.
We are delighted to welcome the newest members to our Coconut team:
- Paul Clegg, Marketing Account Director
- Adam Lovelock, Head of Online Marketing
- Adam Knight, Head of Technology and Systems
- Rachel Crooks, Marketing Assistant.
All four members complement the skills of the existing team and each has something new to bring to our clients marketing. For more info on team members and what they do for our clients click here.
As the franchise market grows and technology evolves alongside how people buy franchises, Coconut has always strived to evolve to match this demand. We can now offer in-house the very best and up-to-date marketing technology for franchise lead generation. This assists us to maintain our position as market leaders in the franchise industry and voice of authority on the subject of UK franchise recruitment.
We are bigger, better and more skilled across a wider range of marketing tools than ever before. Meet our new team members at one of our forthcoming events.