Coconut franchise recruitment workshops deliver valuable insights and ideas for the franchise brands who attend. We advise franchisors on all aspects of their franchise recruitment marketing with proven results using examples and case studies. Our workshops are designed to cover a range of up-to-the-minute, relevant topics with helpful tips and techniques that you can readily apply to your franchise back in the office.
Franchisors attend our workshops because they want to:
- Recruit more franchisees
- Spend their recruitment budget in a smarter way
- Improve their own skillsets in franchise marketing
- Learn the latest techniques and methodologies in recruitment
- Understand how social media can support franchise recruitment
- Help their franchisees obtain more sales.
Here’s what some of our 2013 & 2014 attendees had to say about their experience with us:
“The Coconut workshop was a really fun day, presented in a fresh way and very informative. You go home with some great ideas which you can start working on as soon as you are back in the office,” Nikki Vince, Martin & Co.
“There is understanding the subject and there is doing it. The ‘Coconuts’ walk the walk and talk the talk,” Paul Crow, Ripples.
“The workshop was very professionally presented and was a great tool for gaining new ideas and best practices across a range of recruitment marketing areas,” Tim Winstanley, Mac Tools.
“A day full of information and guidance that I can use in my business tomorrow,” Rob Dancy, Kids Academy.
“Coconut Creatives really understand the subject and they put it across in a clear, enjoyable way,” Simon Boulcott, HR Business Alliance.
“Excellent, constructive day really tailored to our business needs and has given us a lot to think about and action,” Dominic Williamson, ERA.
“Some good nuggets to take away and always good to meet other franchisors,” Suzanne Bell, The Alternative Board.
“I am new to franchise marketing and the workshop provided a good overall understanding of the franchisee and how to market to them. Well worth a day out of the office!” Lynne Rawlinson, Business Doctors.
“A very useful workshop for franchisors at any stage as the opportunity is there to re-asses the way they do things either as a mature franchise, those who are starting from scratch and those just embarking on the franchise route,” Dave Williams, RBS.
“A warm, engaging and creative workshop. We found the day extremely motivating covering so many relevant topics, inspiring us to move forward with many of the ideas given,” Janet Walmsley, OSCAR Pet Foods.
Visit our YouTube page to find out more about what attendees of our workshops had to say about their day! Or click here to find out more about forthcoming workshops. We’d love to have you join us!
Kids Academy is a childcare day nursery and preschool education franchise. It was established 10 years ago by an experienced management team, dedicated to providing high quality child care for children aged six weeks to five years.
Since their franchise launch in 2013, Kids Academy gained a large initial bank of enquiries for the nursery franchise model. They felt that although they had already recruited some new franchisees from their database and initial marketing activities, there must be something else they could do with their vast database to re-engage dead leads that had supposedly lost interest. Instead of launching a costly campaign or trying to generate yet more new leads, they wanted a simple and cost-effective solution which is when they found Coconut Creatives.
Kids Academy started working with Coconut Creatives in January 2014 on a short 3 month project. We suggested that we develop a 3-month plan to re-engage this large database using a new approach and new messages all targeted around 3 events. The campaign was hugely successful and the new communication methods were very effective in achieving a response from what they feared was old cold data.
- To run three seminars and invite prospects already on the database
- Minimum of 10 decision makers per event
- Minimum of 2x HQ meetings per event
- Minimum of 1x sign up per event
- All three seminars ran successfully
- 111 bookings/62 attendees = 56% turn up rate (above industry averages)
- 68 decision makers/ 41 attended = 60% turn up rate
- 9 postcards returned to book a HQ meeting = 22% of decision makers
- 6 one-to-one meetings to date with others still pending
- Sign-ups – (pending at time of writing April 2014)
Lucy Maisey account director for the Kids Academy project says “By focusing all efforts and communications with prospects on the 3 events, we were able to use our specialist methodology in copywriting to engage the database and generate a really high re-enquiry rate. The events not only targeted those interested in the Kids Academy franchise specifically but also those interested in starting a stand-alone nursery. Through the events we were able to highlight the pros and cons of each route and bring out the value that the franchise held. Kids Academy was an absolute delight to work with and took on-board everything we suggested. The campaign ran to schedule and thus got great results.”
“Our latest franchisee who started her training in January 2014 contacted me again after she received the “keep warm” activity. I’ve also had 4 prospective franchisees bubbling and have contacted me after each newsletter.” Bobs Broadbent, dogknows franchisor.
dogknows is the only franchise to give dog enthusiasts the opportunity to build a business as well as help them to develop their own dog handling skills so that they can go on to become an accredited dog trainer.
In July 2013, dogknows had just 3 franchisees and wanted to begin a marketing campaign to expand the franchise network. MD Bobs Broadbent was looking to build on her marketing knowledge to extend this to franchise recruitment marketing and use a specialist provider where her budget allowed for some parts of her campaign.
- Completion of 2 Coconut Creatives’ franchisor workshops
- Creation of a new perfect pitch for the franchise opportunity
- Coconut Creatives retained to deliver a monthly “keep warm” campaign for leads that had been generated. The first 3 months of this activity brought in fresh interest from the existing list of enquirers and one new 1-1 booked with Bobs.
Total Clean has operated in the commercial office cleaning sector for 25 years, with a success that is based on an unrelenting commitment to service excellence and an obsessive attention to detail. This exciting management franchise was launched in March 2013 and planned its launch and subsequent franchise recruitment campaign in partnership with Coconut Creatives.
- Confirm the types of franchise partner suited to the opportunity and test where these could be found
- Develop and deliver a bespoke, integrated 12-month marketing plan utilising advertising, PR, video, online and print activities to fit within budget
- Recruit 6 franchisees in the first 12 months
- Creation of quality marketing materials to support the franchise recruitment process
- Coconut to work closely with the franchise development team to ensure a seamless enquiry to sign-up process.
- Quarterly meetings to assess best allocation of budget looking at ROI from previous quarter
- 4 of the target 6 franchisees were recruited within first 7 months from a standing start
- Marketing spend was under budget
- Monthly press release or case study published in complementary media to raise the profile of the opportunity
- Total Clean moved all graphic design work to Coconut Media for a high quality and consistent brand image with quick delivery times
- An expert guide was written and utilised as a free PDF download to make the franchise website lead generating.
Ringtons is a mobile tea and coffee business. Founded in 1907, the business has a rich heritage and the core business is still family owned to this day. They deliver first-class products with exceptional service and a personal and friendly touch to over 260,000 UK households.
With over 100 years of industry experience, they remain the only company in the world to deliver tea, coffee and biscuits door-to-door. As testament to the business’ strength and security, it has been awarded the highest rating possible by one of the UK’s most trusted credit agencies.
Ringtons is a historic and well established brand, especially in the North of the UK. A research project carried out by Coconut Creatives revealed that a staggering 100% of Ringtons’ existing franchisees would buy the franchise again. Having identified strong marketing messages and similarities amongst top performing franchisees, the project progressed to the creation of a regionally targeted and budgeted 6-month marketing plan and have continued past the plan and are still one of our clients today. Ringtons originally wanted to recruit a small number of franchisees in the South and due to their continued activity, they are now being kept busy with five new franchisees and are extremely pleased with the progress they have been making.
- Market research project to confirm the key target groups for the Ringtons franchise opportunity
- An integrated marketing plan utilising regional advertising, PR, events, and media boost activities
- New quality marketing materials to support the franchise recruitment process
- Attendance of regional events to promote the product as well as the franchise opportunity
- 5 new franchisees recruited in 2014 so far
“Coconut Creatives are a joy to work with….they bring strong ideas to the table, fantastic execution and they really listen and get our business,” Ian Christelow Managing Director, ActionCOACH.
Since ActionCOACH’s foundation in Australia in 1993, they have served tens of thousands of businesses and their owners around the world in every business sector imaginable. By showing business owners how to get more time, better teams in their companies and more profit, ActionCOACH has grown to be the number one business coaching firm in the world, with hundreds of proven systems and strategies guaranteed to get results.
ActionCOACH was joint runner up with McDonald’s for the UK’s Best Large Franchisor 2012 Award, sponsored by Lloyds TSB and has already built a team of more than 100 business coaches in Great Britain & Ireland, where their franchise partners have achieved remarkable results with thousands of clients. ActionCOACH worked closely with Coconut Creatives to facilitate further growth of their UK franchise network.
- Market research project to confirm the key target groups for the ActionCOACH franchise opportunity
- An integrated 12-month marketing plan utilising advertising, events, PR and Media Boost activities
- Creation of new quality marketing materials to support the franchise recruitment process
- Creation of new website specifically targeted at franchisee recruitment, providing targeted information as well as another point of contact for prospective franchisees
- Increase in quality of enquirers who are interested in joining this rewarding business opportunity
- ActionCOACH franchisee shortlisted for 2013 bfa HSBC Franchisee of the Year Award in the Female Franchisee of the Year category.